Cost of Attendance for UNC Charlotte: 2017-2018
The 2017-2018 Cost of Attendance, also known as the price of attendance, provides an ESTIMATED full and reasonable cost of completing a full year as a full-time student. The cost of attendance incorporates Tuition and Fees, Books and Supplies, Room and Board, Transportation, and Miscellaneous costs.
The overall cost of attendance budget provides an AVERAGE amount for what your expenses might be - your cost of attendance may vary from that estimate.
Explanation of Charges
Direct Costs: Charges that show on your university bill
- Direct costs are those costs paid directly to UNC Charlotte and billed through your My UNC Charlotte account, and for which you may set up a payment plan.
- Direct costs make up a portion of the total estimated cost of attendance.
- Direct costs typically include:
- Your actual direct costs will vary depending on whether you attend full or part-time, which resident hall you live in, the meal plan you choose, etc.
- A UNC Charlotte payment plan may be used to pay your direct costs.
Indirect Costs: Estimated charges based on your needs
- Indirect costs are not payable to UNC Charlotte, and will not show on your student account or bill.
- These charges are estimated to establish your overall cost of attendance.
- The estimated amounts are to help you and your family plan for the overall cost of your education.
- Indirect costs typically include:
- Books and Supplies
- Off-Campus Housing
- Miscellaneous Expenses