- You will need to log into the www.FAFSA.gov website to verify that you have designated our school code on the FAFSA. Once added, we should be able to view your application. (The UNC Charlotte school code is 002975)
- We begin receiving FAFSA information in early March of each year. Once we receive yours, you will receive an email in your UNCC account notifying you that we have received your FAFSA. All communication will be sent to your UNCC email account.
If you did not receive an email communication stating that we received your FAFSA information:
- You will need to provide us with some information from your FAFSA so that we can go retrieve your application.
- To do so, log into the FAFSA website (www.FAFSA.gov) and 'view' your completed application.
- Look in the section where your name and social security numbers are, and write down the 4 digit code called the DRN #. This stands for Data Retrieval Number and will allow us to download your FAFSA the following week.
- Call the Financial Aid office and ask to speak to a financial aid counselor and let them know your DRN #.