How do I apply for Financial Aid at UNC Charlotte?

In order to apply for federal or state financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.  It is available online at  

Most institutions use the FAFSA. You do not have to complete a FAFSA for each institution to which you have applied for admission; just be sure you have listed the UNC Charlotte school code (002975) on the application so that we receive your FAFSA information.
For more details, view this page on applying for Financial Aid.
Applying for Financial Aid