How do I apply for a Parent Plus Loan?

  • In order to obtain a plus loan, the student must first complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
  • To initiate the Plus loan process, a  Parent Plus Loan Request form must be completed and returned to the  Financial Aid Office. The form can be found here.
  • If you applied at Direct Loans we still need the Parent Plus Loan Request Form to create an electronic certification record that will be sent to the Department of Education.
  • All Plus Loan Funds credit to the student’s account.  If there is a credit on the student’s account after all charges for the semester have been paid, then it will be returned to the parent borrower, or the student, as you have indicated on the request form.
  • You do have the option to defer payments.  When you go to sign the Master Promissory Note at you may select the deferment option at that time.