There are four ways to obtain a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS:
- Be sure to request a Tax Return Transcript, NOT an Account Transcript.
- Do NOT have transcripts sent directly to the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA).
1. On line request at http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript. Follow these steps:
a. On the main page under Tools, click "Order a Tax Return or Account Transcript"
b. Click "Tax Return Transcript" in Section 1
c. Click "Order a Transcript"
d. Enter tax filer's SSN, DOB, and Address (must match tax return exactly) & click "Continue"
e. In the "Type of Transcript" field, select "Return Transcript" and then the year
f. A paper Tax Return Transcript will be mailed to the specified address within 5-10 days.
2. Telephone Request: Automated 800-908-9946
3. Paper Request: IRS form 4506T - Must be used if you have moved since filing you taxes. The form can be downloaded at www.irs.gov.
4. Visit your local IRS office.