What happens to my financial aid if I have to withdraw from the university?

  • Adjustments to your financial aid may have to be made, depending upon the date of your withdrawal. The Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) is required by federal law to pro-rate financial aid, based on the number of days a student was in attendance each semester.
  • The OSFA performs a Return of Title IV Funds calculation to determine if adjustments to a student's financial aid award are required.
  • If adjustments are required, aid is reduced resulting to charges to the student’s account.
  • A letter is sent, informing the student of the adjustment amount.
SAP and Withdrawal from UNC Charlotte