What is a Tax Extension?

If the parent or student has not filed a Federal Tax Return, they can file for a tax extension (IRS form 4868), they must provide a copy of the extension and the verification specialist must notify the Counselor to award the student, but will not disburse any funds until the verification is complete. Once the signed federal tax returns and W2’s have been received and the verification is complete, the counselor will be notified to disburse funds and adjust the award if necessary.

Verification Questions