If the information reported on your 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) differs from your 2017-2018 FAFSA, you may be selected for "Verification." This is because the information on both applications ask for 2015 financial information for your household, so both FAFSAs should be the same. The U.S. Department of Education has asked schools and colleges to perform an audit of records when this occurs.
What do you need to do?
- Look in your account in My UNC Charlotte. Here you will see what additional documents you need to submit to verify the correct 2015 financial information for your FAFSA.
- Failure to turn in the requested documentation or changes to the reported information may result in a payment due, as we may be required to reduce your received financial aid for the 2016-2017 year.
Your Next Steps:
Follow these instructions to view the required documents needed to complete your audit process:
- Log in to My UNC Charlotte.
- Under Financial Resources, click on "My Financial Aid" link.
- Click on "Check Here To See If You Have Missing Requirements or Holds".
- Select the 2017-2018 Aid Year and click Submit.
- Review your unsatisfied requirements.
- Submit all requested information via fax to 704-687-1425.
- We will review and process your submitted documents within 15 business days. If you have any other questions after reviewing your account, you may call our office at 704-687-5504.
- The deadline to provide these forms to the UNC Charlotte Financial Aid Office is June 26, 2017.