Entrance Counseling is a federal requirement for all Direct Stafford Loan recipients. The funds for your loan will not be disbursed until you have completed the counseling.
Entrance Counseling provides you with information about:
- Your rights and responsibilities as a borrower
- Interest rates, expenses, repayment plans, and other important details about borrowing
- Who to contact with questions
To Complete Your Online Entrance Counseling:
- Go to StudentLoans.gov
- Under "Manage My Direct Loan" select "Sign In". (Note: You will need your FAFSA PIN to access the counseling session. If you do not have your PIN, please visit: www.pin.ed.gov and request a duplicate pin.)
- Click “Complete Entrance Counseling” and follow the directions.
- Begin the Quiz.
- At the end of the quiz, read your rights and responsibilities and click “Submit”.
- Click “Print this Page” to print your confirmation page then click “EXIT”. Your confirmation will be electronically submitted to our office by the federal government.
Learn more about Entrance Counseling: