Note: If you are a new student, you must activate your NinerNET account before you can log in to My UNC Charlotte.
- You will need your NinerNET username provided on your admission acceptance letter (look for it in the top right corner).
- Activate your account here.
How to Accept and Review your Financial Aid Award
- Log in to My UNC Charlotte. (New students: You must activate your NinerNET account prior to login.)
- Under Financial Resources, click on “Financial Aid Menu.”
- Click on “My Financial Aid Award Information."
- Click on “Award By Aid Year."
- Select your aid year from the drop down box. (For Fall 2016 awards, the aid year will be 2016-17.) Click Submit.
- Click on the “Accept Award Offer” tab.
- Review your award and select “Accept” or “Decline” for each offer. Click “Submit Decision.”
- Review the information under the “Terms and Conditions” tab.
How to Review Outstanding Requirements
- Log in to My UNC Charlotte.
- Under Financial Resources, click on "Financial Aid Menu" link.
- Click on "Check Here To See If You Have Missing Requirements or Holds".
- Select the Aid year if prompted and click submit.
- Review your unsatisfied requirements.
Refunds from some Financial Aid programs will go out the first week of class. Grants and scholarships may not disburse until after the drop/add period ends in which another refund will be issued if another credit balance is created. The Student Accounts Office processes all refunds, please direct questions to their office.
Details for the start of each term:
Financial aid for each semester will begin applying to students’ bills 5-7 days prior to the first day of class.
Student Accounts will begin processing refunds to students during the first week of class.
Direct deposit is the fastest and most secure way to receive your refund. If you have Direct Deposit, you will receive a refund through your direct deposit account. Please allow to 3 to 5 business days to receive a refund through direct deposit once the refund is posted.
If you don’t have Direct Deposit, a refund check will be mailed to your permanent address. Please allow 7 to 10 days to receive a mailed refund check once the refund is posted.
- Got a negative balance on your account? Find out what that means.